Our Company History
The founders of Clark Specialty Company were originally employed at Mercury Aircraft. In June 1956 they decided to form their own Tool & Die business. As the company matured it made sense to acquire the equipment that could manufacture products from their tools and dies. We have maintained our capability to produce our own hard tooling, enhanced by computer added design and manufacturing processes.
In the 1970 - 1989 we maintained two liquid paint shops, providing our customers a choice of finishes. In 1989 these shops were closed down after completion of our 30,000 foot Assembly and state of the art Powder Coating Facility (located in Bath, NY).
In 1996 in order to maintain our quality standards we established our own Silk Screen Shop. With three (3) automatic machines and two manual stations we have produced thousands of high quality silkscreened customer specific logos on glass, plastic, metal and powdercoated parts and finished product.
In 1998, to keep up with our customers needs, we added an automatic three arm rotational molding machine. We have expanded the capabilities of the department to include; embedding steel fabricated parts into a plastic molded product and providing "molded in graphics" into the plastic itself. Unlike decals or "painted on" graphics "mold-in" graphics can not be scratched or picked off".
We continue to add on new equipment and improve methods to provide you the best in the industry.